1. If your pans are rusty, sprinkle some sand over the rust and rub a cloth dampened in vegetable oil over the sand. This should clean away the rust in no time.
2. For stuck on food, fill the bottom of your pan with vinegar and then sprinkle some salt over it. Bring it to a boil for a few minutes and you should see the food particles lifting off.
3. You can clean the outside, and only the outside, of a cast iron pan with oven cleaner. Spray it on and wipe it off a few minutes later. Then wash the pan thoroughly.
4. For regular cleaning, use warm soapy water. After you ve washed it you should immediately use a towel to thoroughly dry it off. Then, place it on a warm burner or in a warm oven to get rid of excess moisture.
5. Rub the inside of the pan with some oil to season it and prevent rust.
6. When you put your pans away, if youre going to stack them make sure that you put paper towels in between them. This will absorb any excess moisture and prevent rusting.