Today's Special Recipe - Almond Chocolate Cake
1. 8 oz plain chocolate
2. 4 oz ground almonds
3. 5 tbsp water
4. 4 eggs, yolks separated
1. Heat the water and in it melt the chocolate.
2. Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the egg yolks, one at a time,
then the sugar and the butter.
3. When the butter has melted, stir in the almonds and the flour.
4. Last of all; fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
5. Pour the mixture into a well-oiled cake tin and bake in an oven preheated to gas
mark 4 for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Almond Chocolate Cake Recipe >> View All Recipes