1. Try tightening the screws. If the screws loosen up, the catch won t hold the door properly.
2. If the cabinet door still won t stay closed, the screw holes may be too big for the screws. If that s the case, trace around the catch plate with a sharp pencil and then remove the plate.
3. Use some wood filler and a putty knife to fill in the old screw holes. This will ensure that the new screws will stay right in place. Allow the putty to dry thoroughly.
4. When the putty has dried, sand the area for a nice even finish.
5. Put the catch back into place (it will be easy to position because you marked the area off with your pencil). Tighten up all the screws.